Monday, February 12, 2007

Tissue? I don't even know you!

I am sick of tissues. I guess I should say no pun intended? My wonderful children have decided to share their cold with me. Isn't that nice? So now I get to walk around the house with a tissue stuck up my nose sounding like a phone-sex operator. Don't you want to get with this?

So, tonight for dinner- since it is closing in on 5:00, will be Pesto Pasta. I got this recipe from the 30 minute girl but changed it only slightly so it's now Jeannie's 25 minute Pesto Pasta. Let's see, maybe if I start going over her recipes and changing one slight thing to make them all 25 minutes, then I'll put out a book. And get a TV show. Make that 2 TV shows. Or would it be 3? I'm getting a bit sidetracked imagining fame, money and many many followers. Okay, so back to the recipe.

* One package of Rotini Rigatoni pasta (I use whole wheat- healthier!)
(and after throwing a HUGE fit about how my husband didn't get the damn Rotini pasta I asked for, he annoyingly gently reminded me that he did get rotini pasta, and if I wanted the squared off ridged penne-type pasta- then I should have asked for Rigatoni. uhh- yeah. Oops. Good thing he's the Italian one...)

* Pre-packaged Pesto (make sure it has no hydrogenated oils- BAD BAD!) (You can make your own, but by buying the prepacked, I have now become famous for my 25 minute meals, so why do that?)

* Zucchini

* Green Beans

* Asparagus (which will later that night render comments from the Magnificent Emma of "Ewww! Asparagus Pee Pee!")

Okay, so- cut the zucchini, green beans and asparagus up to about the size of the rigatoni pasta.
Boil water, cook pasta- when there is about 5 minutes left, throw the veggies in so they become crisp-tender (I feel so professional with my crisp-tender)

Put pesto in a large pasta bowl. Put a ladle-full of pasta water to make pesto a bit more liquidy. Drain pasta/veggies and toss with pesto. Viola! Jeannie's 25 minute Pesto Pasta is complete!

Yep- just be careful of asparagus pee-pee. Apparently- it's kinda gross.


*picture coming soon- I have to wait for the computer savvy amazing Kevin to return from his business trip because apparently my computer hates me.*
*Oh- and in the long awaited picture of the Pesto Pasta? Yeah, you'll notice it's the damn rotini. *sigh*

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Jeannie! I hope you are feeling better today. Your blog looks great! You always were a good writer. Luv ya! Dee