Thursday, February 22, 2007

Love Thursday

We had this fantastic little family reunion this past Sunday. While my Aunt and Uncle are down to enjoy the weather for a while, their two daughters and two granddaughters came from Colorado for a visit. We all decided to meet at my parent's house. It was lovely.

The kids had a grand time playing with their little cousin Cassidy, and baby Rylee absolutely melted my heart.
Seriously. It melted! I mean, look at this child!


Isn't your heart a gooey mess floating around inside?

After the gathering, we decided to explore Nonni and Granddad's new sailboat. Yep, a real sailboat.
The kids had a fantastic time yelling sailor-y terms such as, "Aye, aye, Captain!" and "Land, ho!"
They were a right scallywag bunch. Or... something.
It was, all in all, a perfect day.
So, for this Love Thursday, I am reminded of the importance of family. The joys, the sorrows, the frustrations, the satisfactions, but most importantly, the love. Family has the ability to keep us whole. Keep us centered. Keep us just insane enough to live sanely in this world. Think about it... Where would we be without our family?



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a perfect opportunity to say... I LOVE YOU GUYS!! Can't wait to see you for Dad's b'day and get my 'fix' of you beautiful people to hold me over 'til the next time. Betty