Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Love is all around



Have you ever had one of those days where you just really feel loved?

I woke up to two bright eyed happy children singing, "Good Morning! Happy Valentine's Day, Momma!" and a beautiful handmade card from the Magnificent Emma. We went downstairs and made heart shaped pancakes with strawberries while the children opened their new mailboxes (that Daddy made) and explored the goodies inside.

We then have a fun "love themed" morning of school.

Lunch was baby jelly butter sandwiches (that's PB&J to all you "normal" folks) cut into hearts, as well as carrots and banana followed by 1/2 a cupcake hand delivered by our awesome neighbor (just to clarify, she didn't hand deliver only 1/2 a cupcake- she actually gave us 2!). Those cupcakes tasted like love.

I received a couple of presents in the mail from my not present male. (did you catch that play on words? Sometimes I even surprise myself with my corniness cleverness...) The Amazing Kevin is still too far away from us and I'm willing him home with every ounce of my being.

The kids and I played and had so much fun today. To add to the Mary Poppins feel of the day, we actually tried to fly a kite. I really did feel like I was soaring.

Our day ended with an invitation by our fantastic neighbors to join them for a pizza dinner. You know you are loved when your neighbor invites you to intrude on their Valentine Dinner.
It was truly a lovely time.

So, whether you celebrate or not, Happy Valentine's Day.

Sometimes... there is love when you are least expecting it.
Sometimes... love is all you need.
Sometimes... love really is all around.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a great Valentine's Day! Thank you for the wonderful card made for Grandma and Grandpa from Emma and Charlie. There is nothing more special than a hand made card from your grandchildren.
Jeannie, I hope you're feeling better.....
Take care of yourself

Anonymous said...

First of all- I wanna know what the heck you are doing up at 11pm!! It's pretty pathetic that you with the 2 kids can outlast me... Secondly- I discovered my own definition of love recently when I babysat my good friends 7 month old. It was when I changed his diaper only to realize that he wasn't quite done pooping just yet! Yup folks- fishing out the rest of a poop with a wet nap really does fall under the heading of "the things we do for love!" Hope I didn't offend anyone- I'll try to behave better in the future. Love, Betty