Thursday, April 19, 2007

The Rollercoaster of Life

Well, it's been over a month (a month!) since I've written on my blog. I am a bad bad blogger. Well, here's my reasoning... I've been caught in a bit of a loop-de-loop on the roller coaster of life. There are the ups and the downs, but man those loop-de-loops really send you for a... loop?

So, the biggest news right now is the upcoming addition to our family. And no, it's not a puppy. Come October we will be the proud owners of a brand, spanking new 2007 edition baby.
Yep.
I'm pregnant.
I have finally entered the 4th month and things seem to be going well. I'm a little confused as to how I feel about this. Don't get me wrong, I'm not disappointed by any means, I'm just a little.... apprehensive. I mean, it's been 4 years since I've done this. That doesn't seem like too long, but in my life it's been long enough to potty train 2 kids, make sure they are sleeping through the night, and speaking in complete sentences. Now we're starting all over! The kid's excitement is definitely helping me to cope with enjoy this a bit more. Emma has drawn several picture of me with a big belly, written a few lullabies, and is very concerned about making sure the baby's room gets done. I have to keep reminding her we have until October.
October.

I got news today from my father that my grandfather passed away last night. He had been sick for a while, but as my grandmother said today, "Even though you are expecting it to happen, it still shocks you." I feel the same way. I knew it was going to happen, but I am still shocked. I'm so glad I got to see him again- granted it was a couple of years ago, but I got to see him while he was healthy. The kids were able to meet him as well, so we have a few pictures and some video. That makes me happy because we have the memories to look back on- and the memories will forever be of my happy, healthy grandfather.

We're also coming up on the one year anniversary of my brother's death. He died last June, and I don't think anyone in my family has truly come to terms with it yet. Then again, I don't think anyone can come to terms with the death of someone so young with so much life still ahead of him. He was only 37.

So, it seems that I am personally experiencing the circle of life. One life leaves its earthy home, another enters. The loop-de-loops on the roller coaster of life certainly keep things interesting... but I think I may need some Dramamine soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think we could live to be a hundred and still not have it all figured out. (This coming from someone with relatively few loop de loops!) Can't wait till October... Love you, Bet

Unknown said...

Jeannie CONGRATULATIONS on your new edition! And dont worry sweetie you will do just fine! And if life didn't have loop de loops it might be a boring ride ;P Have a blessed pregnancy! Love always, Dee