Thursday, June 25, 2009

What's more loving...

Than this?
Before:
After:

This is Emma's second donation to Locks of Love.
Both times I have grieved this haircut- I love her hair when it is long.  But I can't grieve very long, because I quickly remember WHY she has cut her hair.  I imagine another child wearing Emma's golden hair, and I can't help but smile.  
I haven't had the heart to fully explain why those beautiful children need her hair, and it amazes me how willing she is to give with no greater explanation than, "They are sick right now and can't grow hair on their own, so they need help by wearing a wig from someone else's hair."
Wow.  I love that kid.

Happy Love Thursday!  More here.

Oh yeah, and PS?  My husband- yes, my husband!  Donated 10" of his hair to Locks of Love as well.  What a great guy! 


No comments: